False Pretences



"I love you as one loves certain dark things, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.”.

- Pablo Neruda

Malini pulled out her notepad and started scribbling. She was going crazy with her complicated mind. The brain should shut down when you are overwhelmed, she thought. But it was exactly the opposite. It was trying to obliterate her last bit of sanity. She plunged herself into a frenzy of work as if there was no tomorrow. Even that was not helping. She wrote on furiously. Whatever came to her mind. Almost incoherent yet intensely personal.

How you have shredded me to pieces.
Left me torn and withered.
Yet, I seek comfort in my memories,
Fading, changing and slowly melting.

What was this emotion gripping her? It could not be love she justified, after all she had known him only for couple of weeks . It was pure unadulterated lust, she thought coursing through her veins. But the agony of it all was unbearable and she wanted to purge it, somehow, so she kept on scribbling...

Injured and hurt I writhe in pain
But I cannot free myself from you.
Unchain me, let me go.
But I dig deeper into the abyss, seeking refuge.

Memories of steamy nights and languorous evenings did not leave her alone. She poured herself a generous glass of wine. It's going to be a long night she thought. 

Comments

ironic said…
Lust is what pulls but love is what pushes. That's the p & p we feel tugging inside us all the time.
illusions said…
Yeah, the quite like the eternal addiction!

Popular Posts