Restaurant style Minestrone love decoded!


Winter means soup time in India. The tropical weather gives way to fabulous wintry chill and a hot soup does it great for me in the evening. I often try it in my favourite eateries. For me it is the Caesar salad of soups. This is the recipe decoded from one of my favourite joints and then adjusted with the egg bit! Yeah, I know I just had to give it a twist like all home chefs! Lol! But why not? It's my kitchen after all!

Minestrone is the easiest to put together and at the same time enjoy the vegetable goodness of the season. The quick and easy recipe I use is as follows:

Cut beans, carrots, zucchini, tomato to small cubes. Crush a big clove of garlic; grate one tspn ginger; some cleaned and washed coriander leaves. chop one green chili; half a lemon juice; fry a folded omelette and cut it into thin ribbons and keep aside.

In a pan add 1 tspn olive oil, add the garlic and ginger, saute for a couple of minutes; add all the vegetables as the aroma is released from the aromatics; add piping hot water; add salt and bring to boil. Add the coriander leaves. chilies, dash of Tabasco sauce, a dash of sugar and adjust to taste. As the vegetables get boiled and the water reduces, switch off the heat and cover it with the lid. Let it sit for three minutes or so. 

Pour it in a bowl and add the omelette ribbons and just dig in. A hot toast or two is a good accompaniment and warms your heart on a cold winter evening, instantaneously! If you want chicken just add shredded boiled chicken instead of the egg, or have both! After all it's your bowl of soup and you get to chose what goes in right?

(This recipe is for one single portion, so adjust the same to the number of people)

Comments

Popular Posts