Heartbeat 3

 DIIIIIING! 

The elevator door slides open. I walk in. Press the button.

An extremely handsome, tall young man, well dressed in very posh clothes, when I mean posh, I mean really , really posh, haute couture posh, designed only for him posh, not just merely a luxury brand stuff, stuff that I don't know the first thing about and won't know about in my entire life kind exclusive, looks up from his phone, smiles and nods. 

His handmade wide brimmed peach glasses, I'm sure one of kind custom-made in Italy complements his almost translucent skin tones shining through a secret light. The elevator engulfs me in a perfume so full yet so him. I'm breathless. 

Without a hint of hesitation his deep voice address me, a question I've a heard a thousand times over now in my life.

He: Tourist?

Me: Yeah.

Him: Solo?

Me: Yes.

Him: That's fun. How'd you like it here?

Me: I'm absolutely loving it, especially the people. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Him: That's so nice to know. Do you speak Korean then?

Me: Ah! Little. Learnt through an app and K - dramas of course! I laugh. Learning to sing too now in Korean!

Him: Ha, ha, ha! That's sooo next level! How long are you here for?

Me: Just a few more days, I fly out on Saturday morning.

Him: That's sad. Stay till you learn one song by heart at  least! He smiles wickedly.

Me: I soooo wish! 

My heart is beating so fast it could just crash any moment I think and look nervously at him.

DIIIIIIIG!! 

Me: That's me I'm afraid, it was nice to meet you.

Him: Listen if you're not doing anything special right now why don't we have a coffee? I'm really enjoying our chat, and he holds the door for me to respond.

Me: I'm feeling dizzy, my head is spinning. Thousand thoughts are crossing my mind in one single moment and has never felt so sure what to say, yet I'm more breathless now than ever! But we will need to go downstairs again!, I say more unconvincingly than in the history of mankind.

Him: Ha ha ha, he bursts out laughing. You need not worry on that count you know. You see this thing goes down too and winks.

Me: But, but I stammer...I laugh and turn almost beet root red with embarrassment. 

Our eyes lock through his supremely beautiful pair of glasses and my ordinary cat eyes from Vogue, and I can see the gentle laughter in his eyes but I can't move, I'm transfixed with his beauty and unbelievable aura filling the elevator. My heart just won't stop, keeps going, boom, boom, boom.

Him: But? His baritone voice drawls..." What?"

Me: What if you disappear when the door opens?

Him: Aaaaaaah!  Then there's that of course! Shall we see? He whispers.

DIIIIIING!  



Comments

Popular Posts