Happy 16!

Yeah, I know, it's a bit too late for New Year greetings for this year, but good cheer can be spread anytime and technically it's still the first month of the year, so heck why not? Happy New Leap Year everybody. To all those intermittent visitors as well as my loyal blog, keeping me company always through thick and thin, over the past happening 7-8 years!

This year I had no resolutions, simply let it be I thought. But slowly some ideas flitted by,but none made any connect and did not stay on. I did not force myself to think and ponder over it. Nor did I want to stress over it to lose my mind, I just wanted it to be an organic process you see. And it did happen just out of the blue. I was talking to some close friends and I suddenly stumbled upon my bucket list. Now that has taken a life of it's own So, this is a sort of a bucket list year for me and I see 5 planets have aligned in straight line already. Must be a sign I am sure. M Night Shyamalan will read more into it I am sure, but for me this is just right. So, here is the growing bucket list for Year 2016!

  1. Wake up at 5 a.m. before 20 February to see the 5 planets in a row. In case it doesn't happen I get a second chance too in August when the planets can be yet again seen in a straight line between the 13 and 19 August 2016. Wake up you sleepy log!
  2. Visit Ajmer Dargah Sharif - Been in Delhi more than half my life but have been unable to make a visit. So, am undoing that in month 1 and visiting Dargah Ajmer Sharif on the 30th.
  3. Come 20 February I visit Tughlakabad Fort here in Delhi which again has been on my lists of things to do forever but somehow the plan has never come to fruition. Delhi is replete with history, only Romans probably can understand what that means to a history buff. Treasures every 100 yards. Every corner of the city has gems to see and behold. Also offers ample opportunity to time travel in your mind. Now that is a challenge for me. Which one to do and which one to leave.
  4. My favourite Hindi slapstick comedy in recent years - Tere Bin Laden will be back with a sequel in February so want to watch it on the first day of release 19 February 2016.
  5. Visit Landour to meet my favourite author Ruskin Bond.
  6. Also visit Golden Temple in Amritsar by March before it gets too hot in the plains of Punjab and also visit Jalianwala Bagh. Visit to Wagah border will also be nice if possible but not too sure.  
Now, that's choc-a-bloc for the first quarter of the year I see. Clap, clap. In April I shall revisit and start the next list. What say you? Good idea? Hmmm, I thought as much. On that note Good Night and Happy Weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts