My Indiaaah!

 My work allows me to travel a lot to small towns in India and for a city slicker like me it is joy to discover my country is immense. In my childhood I used to travel a lot with Mom and Dad as his job as a mechanical engineer would take us to remote power houses of India. This actually was christening to see and experience real India up close and personal.
 So when my work now takes me across the length and breadth of the country I am always 'at - home'. The place I travel to is a rail-head called Katihar at the border of Bihar, West Bengal and Nepal.
 The scenery is serene and beautiful. Although the people are poor and regular amenities such as electricity is scarce the bounty of nature makes it always a pleasurable journey.
 The sleepy hamlets of Harishchandrapur, Kumredpur, Labha, Kuretha enchants me before I hit the hustle and bustle of Katihar.
 The sleepy villages always gets me tempted to get down and explore, then reality check gets the better of me and I head straight to the destination! LOL!
 During the winter months these beauties are shrouded in mist and mystery, cannot capture the wonderment of those moments from my phone camera so you have just got to pressurise your brain and get the picture.
 My Indian villages are unbeatable in their scenic wonder. They are no less beautiful than the famed English country side I believe. They are the real gems in our crown, way, way more beautiful than the jewels that sit on the English crown of the Queen and the King, not to forget the bit exhibited in the Tower of London. They needed a boy king who could be hood winked to give them the precious Kohinoor!
Here is the first kadam of the season people...spring is indeed in the air!

Comments

PS said…
Makes me sometime wonder...are we not thrusting our own perceptions and elite and capitalist driven development frame-work on such serene hinterlands of our country? I beleive YES we are doing!
illusions said…
I could not agree more. What we need is opportunities provided on mass scale in areas of agro based industries and stop corruption at all cost. The poverty is more created than natural.
PS said…
@ IlllusionsDi....
well we know what happened with TATA nano in the state ..on the other hand they got a land by a mere 1200/- (yes..free) in Gujarat and now the entire region where the plant was set up has transformed into a buzzing economy...(m talking of sanand)! If this remains the state of STATE then we can just talk of Agri-based industries..in reality NOTHING's gonna change the state of the STATE! I think its hi tym ..ppl sud think beyond CPM n Trinamool>>>!
illusions said…
Launch the party and we shall PARTY! :-)
Srobona RC said…
Nothing can really compare to our country - the sheer diversity of the scenery itself is staggering. Somehow everywhere I travel, I end up comparing them to the lush green hills of my hometown in Assam and everything falls short of it. If you have spent your mornings standing on a cliff edge, looking down at the golden clouds under your feet and the sun rising in front, all other places just pale in comparison. And UK is certainly over rated, take it from me.
illusions said…
Absolutely true Srobs. I remember looking at rainbow at my feet in Kinaur and be filled with the joy that life is...10,000ft over the sea level!
nishikutumbo said…
whatever serrated edge there is to the landscape, winter blurs it all i guess. peak of summer would be an altogether different picture.
illusions said…
@Nishikutumbo - But do you deny the beauty of our land?

Popular Posts